Thursday, April 24, 2008

THE one and only book that reached the goodness-level as Twilight! (thats right, i said it!!)


OMG. This book kicks some serious BUTT. I Love them. There are four of them. They are Called Maximum Ride. The order goes like this---- #1- Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment, #2- Maximum Ride: Schools out- Forever, #3- Maximum Ride: Saving the world, and #4- Maximum Ride: The Final Warning. -- yeah this one is the fourth one. I have heard rumors that they are supposed to make 12 of them-- GET READY FOR THAT, MOM!-- but i am not sure about that many. But i am positive that he IS making a fifth one-- YEAH!

it is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME...(besides twilight) It's about these six kids, oh just like every other kid, except, oh yeah-- THEY CAN FLY!! Max, she is the leader of the flock- 14. Fang- he is Max's Right hand man and he is like a brother to her-- or is he more?- 14, Iggy- He is also 14 and unfortunately, he is blind. Long story, Nudge- she is 11 and boy is she a blabber mouth, Gasman a.k.a. Gazzy- he is 8. Dont ask about the name-- and of course, Angel- She is 6 years old and strangely fascinating. They are not related at all.

They escaped from "the school" together with the help of Jeb Batchelder. (who apparently is now on the dun dun dun, the dark side now. He left them two years after he rescued them) At the school there are people who are called the whitecoats (evil scientists) who do horrible, inhumane, tests on children that were either stolen from the hospital at birth, or their parents were paid alot of $$ to sell their children to the school.

This book basically centers around max and how she is supposed to do these tasks:

1: protect her flock from evil and vicious Erasers ( mutant half-human, half wolf creatures, that work for the white coats-- who want them dead)

2: Stop and Eliminate the whitecoats, once and for all

3: Find their REAL parents, if they exist

4: Figure out her real feelings for Fang

5: and Freakin' save the world!

-- This book is way awesome and i seriously recommend this book to all of the people who have NOT read it! I promise, YOU WILL LOOOOVVVVEEE IT!!! GET ON IT, PEOPLE!!!

P.S. I do have to give some props to my mother who bought these books for me. I didn't really want to read them, but i decided that i would give them a shot.and boy i am glad i did! THANK YOU MOM!!

6 comments:

Mindi said...

good thing you were so smart and almost didn't read those books........good girl that you gave your smartest mom props!!

better than twilight? them's fightin' words, katie-bird! better not let megan see!

Megal said...

Oh my Katie! I can't believe you would speak such blasphemy! I thought we were related but now I am not so sure. What is wrong with you my darling? (I guess you will have to borrow me these books.)

*KaTiE cLoVeR* said...

You should read them meg, haha but it might be hard to let them out of my sight! I always have to carry at least one of them around with me! CALL ME OBSESSED!

Erica Onelove said...

Ok....do I get any credit at all????

Erica Onelove said...

Oh my, not only do I love your mom but now I love you.

I was joking above in case you didn't know. I'm a bit sarcastic at times.

I love you because you have one of my favorite songs ever on your music list.....Linkin Park, "Pushing me Away"

They are my band of the week next week...keep watch! Oh, & you must enter my drawing. Something I'm giving away will suit you perfectly!!!

Erica Onelove said...

Katie....I'm sorry but this book seriously sucked big time.

Don't get me wrong...I've been a Maximum Ride fan for years now but this last book was absolutely horrible. What's with all the politically charged content?

Boooo to James Patterson. He will be getting hate mail from me.